Tuesday, July 29, 2008

South Gate Museum And Library's Rotundas


Museum Entrance Rotunda
Originally uploaded by Tiessa
I'm building a municipal museum in South Gate, part of the City of Lost Angels roleplaying group of sims. This is a view from above the third floor of the entrance rotunda looking down the twin spiral staircases.


One of the major difficulties in building this is the 12-sized symmetry of the room, a dodecagon. Getting all of the angels and position correct was difficult until I discovered the LoopRez script and the excellent tutorial by Natalia. After much less grief and with far more symmetrical results, the LoopRez script can generate my rotundas with ease.



Museum Entrance Rotunda
Originally uploaded by Tiessa
For size comparison, this is me at the top of the stairs in one of my favorite gowns.










Museum Library Rotunda
Originally uploaded by Tiessa
This photo is a view from above the fourth floor of the Library Rotunda looking down through the enchanted circle etched in the glass floor towards the central stone floor below.










Tiessa In Rose Gown
Originally uploaded by Tiessa
Here I am in my rose gown by CanDy, in front of one of the art deco framed stained glass windows.










Tiessa In Rose Gown
Originally uploaded by Tiessa
Finally, a close of of me in the rose gown in front of the window.

If you ever want to come see the museum in South Gate, feel free to join me.

No comments: