Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Want A Computer Engineer Barbie!

Okay, it's been a long time since I bought a Barbie doll (maybe 6 months *blushes*), but I want this one. Even though I don't like the glasses or the shirt or the bluetooth headset or the ... You get the idea.

Computer Engineer Barbie
As everyone knows, I don't mind being called a Barbie Doll, it happens all the time, often in a derogatory attempt to make me feel bad. But it never does. I like being tall, blonde, and fashionable. I always thank people when they say it, even if they did it sotto voce or as an aside to a friend thinking I couldn't hear it.

In my previous post I think I made a convincing argument why anyone should be happy to be called Barbie. I'm a weird combo many days, I work in the technical world and dress well, wear makeup, and often have some level of heels on. And I work deep in technology, not at the periphery, able to discuss technical matters at the most geeky level. With my extensive background in science and wide range of knowledge, I often surprise people with what I know.

This is one of the first Barbies that really get into the geek world, I can't wait for 'Molecular Biologist Barbie', although I won't hold my breath for that one.

No comments: