Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Come To Bury Caesar

Linden Labs is inviting all of their Concierge customers to a big "Ides of March" toga party, ostensibly for "Instead of celebrating the Ides of March by killing Caesar, come and hang out with the Concierge team and other concierge customers."

I don't think they read my campaign speech for governor where I reworked, Shakespeare's famous Julius Caesar speech, otherwise they wouldn't let me near Phil with a dagger hidden in my toga.

Friends, Lindens, avatars, lend me your IMs;
I come to skewer Phil, not to praise him.
The bugs that SL inflicts affect us all;
The fixes are oft broken in the updates;
So let it be with Phil. The noble media
Hath told you Phil was ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Phil answer'd it.

...

When I do log in, I pledge to you;
Fair avatars and furries all:
My governorship will be beneficent,
The lag and bugs will disappear,
Lindens once again shall fill all hands,
And snoops and puritans shall not peer in
On anything consenting adults will do.
But not while Phil rules the grid.

No comments: